Dog Training Classes
Private In-Home Training
This option is wonderful for all dog owners, and it’s convenient as we come to your home and teach you how to instill the guidelines and structure for your dog. We will work on designating the boundaries and expectations for your pet: Do you want your dog in every room and/or on the furniture? We will also teach them where they are permitted to “go potty,” where to relax when company is over, how to respond to the doorbell, and how to wait properly for meals at thresholds (gates/doorways) until released. Together we will make your expectations clear, thus making it easier for both of you to live comfortably together.
*Discounts available with packages ** Travel Fee may apply
Basic Puppy/Dog Training Class
* K9s Unleashed teaches you how to communicate with your dog by using verbal and non-verbal motivational techniques. Our training program builds a bond of confidence between you, your dog, and others.
* Lessons cover topics such as selecting commands, housebreaking, crate training, sit, down, stay, leave it (sight, sound & smell), recall, chewing, quite time, loose lead walk, and more.
2018 Class Schedule:
Dates: Tuesday – August 14, 21, 28, September 4, 11, and 18 Time 9:30am Fee $150 (FULL)
Dates: Sunday – August 12, 19, 26, (Skip Labor Day Weekend) September 9, 16, and 23 Time 8am Fee $150 (FULL)
Dates: Sunday – August 12, 19, 26, (Skip Labor Day Weekend) September 9, 16, and 23 Time 9am Fee $150 (FULL)
Dates: Tuesday: Sept. 25, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 Time 9:30am Fee $150 (FULL)
Dates: Sunday: Sept. 30, Oct. 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, and Nov. 18 Time 8:15am Fee $150 (FULL)
Dates: Sunday: Sept. 30, Oct. 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, and Nov. 18 Time 9:15am Fee $150 ( FULL)
Dates: Tuesday: Nov. 6, 13, 27, Dec. 4, 11, and 18 Time 9:30am Fee $150
New Dates Will Be Published Soon!
Intermediate Puppy/Dog Training Class
* K9s Unleashed teaches you how to communicate with your dog by using verbal and non-verbal motivational techniques. Our training program builds a bond of confidence between you, your dog, and others. We will work on preparation for the Canine Good Citizen Test.
* Lessons cover topics such as place, locate, remote sit/down stay, recall, release, heel and more. All commands are given with verbal and visual cues. The handler will learn how to be pro-active instead of reactive.
Dates: Sunday – August 26, (Skip Labor Day Weekend) September 9, 16, and 23 Time 10:00am Fee $100
Dates: Tuesday – August 28, September 4, 11, and 18 Time 10:30am Fee $100
Dates: Tuesday: Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and Nov. 6 Time 10:30am Fee $150
Dates: Sunday: Oct. 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 18, and Dec. 2 Time: 10:30am Fee $150
Introduction to Scent Work (Nosework)
- Scent Work (Nosework) is the game version of scent detection for companion/sport dogs. Introduction to Scent Work will cover learning to search behavior, recognizing the birch odor, sticking to the odor source, and indication of source. Note: all puppies/dogs welcome that are housebroken and able to stay in the car alone when not their turn to work. Handlers will observe all participants.
Dates: Tuesday – April 10, 17, 14, May 1, 8, and 15 Time: 10:30am Fee: $150.00 Location: Marvin Efrid Park at the Barn (FULL)
Jumps, Tunnels and Targets
This class will focus on team work between the handler and dog. Introduction of basic agility drills and equipment will be provided. The dog must be able to hold a sit and stay at a distance from the handler up to 10 seconds. We will explore new ways to have fun and work on body language and ground work.
Prerequisite: Intermediate and/or Top Dogs Class
Dogs/Handlers with previous training experience will learn new ways to train with a fun approach to teach tricks to your dog. The foundation of training is a sit and down. Know that you have a solid fondation lets have fun. Prerequisite: Dog should have a solid sit and down plus completion of Puppy Class or in home training.
Travel Training Class
This class is a combination of intermediate training with field trips in the community. Pre-requistite: puppy class or in home training. Ready to have fun while adding challenges! This class will focus on advanced handling skills. Handler and dog will gain skills on how to handle new stituations i.e. traffic, elevators, stairs, water fountains, cross walks, confined space, etc. Working in public settings provides everyday natural distracions. * Minimum of 5 participants required to host event.
DATES: TBA TIME: 10am – 11am COST: $25.00 LOCATION: Greenway*
TIME: 10am – 11am COST: $25.00 LOCATION: Ballantyne *
TIME: 10am – 11am COST: $25.00 LOCATION: Cane Creek Park*
TIME 10am – 11am COST: $25.00 LOCATION: Blakeney*
*All locations are subject to change
We will utilize various locations such as: Parks/Greenways, Nursing Homes, Schools, Shopping Centers and Downtown Waxhaw.
* Note if you have a group of 4-6 that want a specific time for training please inquire.
Training your Dog doesn’t have to be RUFF!!!
Call Amy Ferguson at 704-243-0920 or email amy@K9sUnleashed.com.